Flurry of Fabulous Finds
My focus for February was supposed to be Finish It Up, but instead it has morphed into Find Fantastic Objects.
I just had a lovely visit from my mom, sister, and 4-year-old great-nephew. Here are just some of the reasons that I love visits from them:
- I clean like crazy ahead of time, so I find all kinds of things I’ve been hunting for – like, for example, my floors!
- I get a chance to cook for an appreciative audience, and then I have lots of leftovers on hand after they leave.
- They ooh and ah over my latest projects.
- They give the animals all kinds of extra attention.
- They don’t mind helping with chores!
Most importantly, on our outings, we like everything and we never rush each other!
So while they were here, we went to a nearby town with great antique shops, and here are some of the bargains I found.
Another surprise appeared this morning. I find these cocoons quite often when I am out with the sheep, but usually they are already opened.
Right before Mom and Sissie got here, I found one that was still complete, and I threw it in a jar so I could see what hatched. This morning, there it was up on my curtain!
I took it outside and enjoyed getting plenty of photos.
I hope you are finding things to enjoy in your day, too.