Dye Experiments Day Two Results
At the end of my first day of dyeing, I found a whole stack of fabric I had set aside to be dyed. Since I still had my supplies out, I went ahead and processed these eight yards. There were just a few differences:
- this fabric was soaked in the soda ash solution left over from the day before, and only soaked about 10 or 15 minutes instead of an hour.
- three of the dyes I used had been mixed the day before.
- I used 3 more colors of the Tumble Dye ( 2 shades of blue and a green).
- this fabric was left to bake in the sun as before, but the next day, not long after I had hung it on the line to dry, we had a rain shower. So it got rinsed at an earlier stage.
Since it was already wet, I washed it with Synthrapol (1/4 cup to a laundry load), and then dried it in the dryer. I cut off two samples so I could compare before and after washing. It looks like I did lose a little intensity of color.
I have ironed them with sizing spray and I like the look and hand better after ironing.
I am not sure what I will do with all these fabrics, but I think they will keep me busy inside during the hot days of summer.